Plans call for restoring the stone-clad house and constructing a 4,600-square-foot addition. The building will double as an educational space and dorm.
Situated on a tree-lined street on the Drexel University campus in West Philadelphia, a stone-clad dwelling circa 1872 served as the Pi Lambda Phi fraternity house for three-plus decades. In the late 1990s, however, the university shuttered the residence following an arson incident. It has sat vacant ever since.