By entering the Guess the Architect Contest, you agree to these rules.
1. No Purchase Necessary: No purchase or payment of any money is necessary to enter. A purchase will not improve the chances of winning. All federal, state and/or local rules and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry and who are licensed architects or related professionals. Employees of BNP Media and its subsidiaries and affiliates and members of their immediate families are not eligible. This Contest is sponsored by Architectural Record, a publication of BNP Media (Sponsors).
3. Contest Entry Periods: The monthly contest begins on the first and ends on the last day of each month. The drawing for the winner will take place on the 15th of the following month.
4. How To Enter: To enter the Contest you must “Guess the Architect”. You can find an image of the Architect’s building each month during the Contest (a different architect’s image each month) in either: 1) that month’s issue of Architectural Record, or 2) online at architecturalrecord.com. After you have seen the image and wish to enter, go to www.architecturalrecord.com/call4entries and click on the submission form fully or print the form and mail your entry my mail to: Architectural Record, 350 5th Ave., Suite 6000, New York, NY 10118. Full contact information is required for each submission; submissions without completed contact information will be disqualified. All mailed entries must be received by 5:00 PM EST on that Entry Period’s End Date. Entries will not roll over into subsequent Entry Periods. Your entry must be received by the Entry Period end date (and time) in order to be eligible. Limit one entry per person per Entry Period.
Neither the Sponsors nor their respective affiliates, employees, agents, or representatives assume any responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, or incomplete entries.
5. All entries become the sole property of BNP Media and will not be returned. By submitting an entry, the winning entrant(s) grant to BNP Media and its successors and assigns all rights for the full term of copyright therein to reproduce, publish, distribute and sell the winning entries, without payment of any compensation to the winner(s) in connection with such use by BNP Media of such entries. By entering, entrant agrees to abide by these rules, and warrants and represents that his/her entry is the entrant’s original work prepared exclusively and entirely by the entrant, that his/her entry has not won previous awards, has not been previously published, does not infringe the rights of any third parties and is suitable for publication (i.e., is not libelous, obscene or indecent). Publication of any entry or other use or non-use, in whole or in part, lies solely at the discretion of BNP Media. BNP Media retains all right to publish in its discretion. BNP Media will pay no residuals or royalties in connection therewith.
6. Winning Entries: Each entry properly received for each Entry Period which contains the correct name of the applicable architect (as determined by Sponsor) and which is otherwise a valid entry, will be entered into a random chance drawing for that Entry Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received,. . Decisions of the Sponsors are final on all matters relating to this Contest. BNP Media reserves the right not to select a winner.
7. Prize(s): Each month Architectural Record will award one, iPad mini (valued at $399.00).
Prize Conditions: Prizes are not redeemable for cash or substitutable for any other item by winner and may not be transferred or assigned. BNP Media reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value for any prize, for any reason. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and fees, plus any other incidentals.
8. Winner Docs: Winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability/publicity and rights release form prior to receipt of a prize. The liability/publicity release (further described below) must be returned, properly executed within ten (10) calendar days of notification of winning, or prize will be forfeited. Due to the anticipated volume of entries, no correspondence will be returned.
9. Rights to Winning Entries: BNP Media and its successors and assigns has the right to edit, adapt, publish and/or modify, promote, and otherwise use all winning entries without further permission, notice or compensation in future promotional or editorial material. Acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s consent to assign and transfer to BNP Media any and all publication and marketing rights in the winning entry, including, without limitation, including the right to reproduce and publish the winning entry and/or use it in all promotion and advertising along with the winner’s name, for no additional compensation.
10. General: Void where prohibited by law. By accepting the prize, winners grant to Sponsors the right to use their names and likenesses and winning entries in advertising or promotion without further compensation or permission (except where prohibited by law). In addition, winners, by acceptance of the prize, agree to release Sponsors and their respective affiliates, employees, agents, and representatives, from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the participation in this contest.
Winner’s List: For the winners’ names, contact ARcallforentries@bnpmedia.com..
11. Entrants’ Release: By entering this contest, entrants agree to release the Sponsors and all others associated with the development and execution of this contest, including their respective affiliates, employees, agents, and representatives, from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from the contest and the awarding and use of the prizes. Entrants are subject to and must abide by their employer’s polices. Entrant must create the entry outside of the scope of his/her work on his or her own time without use of the employer’s facilities or materials.
Winner will be required to give BNP Media his/her social security number, legal name, age, current address, and phone number. The social security number will be used for tax recordkeeping purposes only.
13. Disputes: By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of the judges. Any dispute regarding these rules will be resolved by a panel of judges from BNP Media and their decision shall be final.
14. Official Rules: To receive a copy of these complete rules or ask any question regarding the rules please send an e-mail to ARcallforentries@bnpmedia.com with Guess the Architect in the subject line.