Credits: 1 AIA LU/HSW; 0.1 IACET CEU
The purpose of this presentation is to educate safety professionals on the different types of slip-resistant products available—their advantages and disadvantages, statistics on slips and falls, methods and machines used to measure slip resistance, and an overview of current regulatory standards.
Learning Objectives - After viewing this webinar, you should be able to:
- Explain the differences between a slip, trip, and fall, and identify the specific areas in which they occur.
- Define the agencies that use coefficient of friction to measure and recommend slip resistance.
- Describe applications where non-slip flooring products are used to ensure occupant safety.
- Discuss styles of safety flooring products to protect the welfare of occupants.
- Examine criteria in evaluating slip-resistant products for your flooring application.