Enter Good Design Is Good Business 2019
Submit your entry by February 1, 2019.
The editors of Architectural Record are currently inviting submissions for the 2019 Good Design Is Good Business awards program.
Architecture and design is a top priority for leaders of business, government, and industry looking to rebrand, boost productivity, and attract customers. The Good Design Is Good Business (GDGB) awards program honors the architects and clients who best utilize design to achieve such strategic objectives. Winning projects will be selected by an editorial jury and published in the June 2018 issue of the magazine.
- Entry is open to any architect registered in the U.S. or abroad.
- Projects must be built within the last 36 months and inhabited.
- They may be new construction or renovated and adaptive reuse projects.
- Each must be quantifiable in terms of the value of the design for the client, and may be submitted by either the client or the architect.
- Eligible project categories include: corporate, commercial (retail, hospitality, development), public, cultural, and institutional.
- Projects previously published will be evaluated at the discretion of the jury.
All entries must be submitted by February 1, 2019.
Please visit architecturalrecord.com/enter-gdgb to enter. Entries must be submitted as a single PDF (multiple pages are OK but overall file should be no larger than 10 MB) that contains:
- A succinct project description (no more than 500 words) that includes: architect / firm name, project name and location, client, completion date, program, brief, and solution.
- A business case description (no more than 500 words). Projects that do not include a business case will be disqualified. The jury will look closely at metrics; the more detail, the better. Key measurable benefits must address how design affects the performance and inhabitants of the building in regard to one or more of the following:
- Increased revenue
- Sustainability / energy efficiency
- Work environment
- Employee recruitment and retention
- Employee performance and productivity
- Branding (creation of a new corporate or institutional identity)
- Change in culture
- Development of new work tools
- Space for amenities like daycare and exercise facilities
- At least 10 large size, good quality, professionally photographed images (one large image per page, 8x10 inches in size preferred). Please provide a range of views to give jurors a complete sense of the project, interior and exterior (if applicable).
- Plans, drawings, and elevations with scale and north arrow.
- NOTE: A photo release form will be required for all winning projects.
Entries must be accompanied by a credit card payment for US$150 (and US$50 for each additional project), payable after the upload has been completed.
First, please carefully read all instructions found on the contest entry page: architecturalrecord.com/enter-gdgb. If you still have questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Good Design Is Good Business” in the subject line.