The editors of Architectural Record are currently inviting submissions for the 2022 Record Houses awards program. Winning projects will be selected by an editorial jury and published in the April 2022 issue of the magazine. Of particular interest are projects that incorporate innovation in program, building technology, sustainability, materials, and form.
All entries must be submitted by January 17, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Entry is open to any architect registered in the U.S. or abroad.
- Projects must be built within the last 24 months and inhabited.
- They may be new construction or renovated and adaptive reuse projects.
- Entries must be approved by client for publication and if selected, be available for a visit by a writer. A photo release form will be required for all winning projects.
- Preference will be given to projects that have NOT been published (online or in print). Previously published work will be evaluated at the discretion of the jury.
Entries must be submitted as a multi-page, horizontally oriented PDF (no larger than 10 MB total) that includes:
- A succinct project description (no more than 500 words) including architect or firm name, program, brief, and solution, including significant sustainable features.
- A comprehensive selection of at least 10 full-page, good quality, professionally-photographed images (just image one per page, please), including comprehensive exteriors and furnished interiors of living and dining spaces and bedrooms.
- Plans, drawings, and elevations with scale and north arrow.
Entries must be accompanied by a credit card payment for US$100 (then US$50 for each additional project), payable after the upload has been completed.
First, please carefully read all instructions found on the contest entry page. If you still have questions, send an email to email@example.com. Please include “Record Houses” in the subject line.