The cubicle or privacy curtain has been a fixture in clinics, hospitals, and skilled-nursing facilities for decades. They serve a critical function in both maintaining patient and resident privacy and comfort, and in adding to a pleasing décor.
This course lays out some of the major considerations surrounding the use of cubicle curtains, specifically:
- The Healthier Hospitals Initiative and chemicals of concern as it applies to privacy curtains.
- Factors in employing disposable vs. washable curtains.
- Enhancing patient comfort and healing by employing quieter cubicle curtain track.
- Examine the Healthier Hospitals Initiative (HHI) and the organization’s stance on employing antimicrobials.
- Assess how antimicrobials are employed in healthcare fabrics.
- Compare washable fabrics and disposable curtains and recognize the pros and cons of each.
- Review noise reduction strategies in patient spaces.