Now On Demand
Credits: 1 AIA LU/Elective; 1 AIBD P-CE; 0.1 IACET CEU
May qualify for learning hours through most Canadian architectural associations
Like Rembrandt in front of his easel, designers stand in front of walls and imagine what they want to convey –
• “Should I give an impression like Monet?”
• “Hmmm, maybe something abstract …”
• “How would Dali paint this wall?”
Bottom line, your walls are your canvas. From raw and minimal to stylish and multi-functional, in the last century alone, walls have gone through quite a transformation. They continue to evolve at a rapid pace.
Aga Artka is a design consultant who collaborates with construction and manufacturing clients. Her agile and visionary thinking, combined with design trends and color forecasting knowledge, allow her to bring value and design expertise to interior projects, product design and development as well as marketing and branding for enterprises and individuals. As a mentor, speaker and a co-author of “The Brand of You. The Ultimate Guide for an Interior Designer’s Career Journey”, a book on personal branding and career development, Aga’s goal is to help others find success in the field of interior design.
- Review the history of walls and the progression of their finish level.
- Identify the various functions of walls and view tending finish options.
- Understand how evidence-based design and various research findings can inform wall solutions.
- Get inspired and expand your design language.