Record on the Road Philadelphia 2022
PhiladelphiaSeptember 29, 2022
5:15pm - 8:30pm
Center for Architecture
2.25 AIA LU/HSW
Editorial Symposium: Designing Educational Spaces for Optimal Health, Learning and Sustainability
It is clear the character of educational spaces plays a significant role in students’ intellectual, physical, and social well-being. But what qualities are optimal for learning, health, and sustainability? Join Record and a panel of design leaders for a discussion about a broad range of related environments—from K-12 schools to university-level facilities. The event will showcase exemplary projects shaped by pedagogical goals, access to daylight and fresh air, exceptional energy performance, and the use of natural materials. The featured buildings, located in Philadelphia and beyond, also engage their broader contexts, fostering community both within, and outside, their walls.
- Identify strategies for enhancing daylight and fresh air in educational facilities, whether they be located on established campuses, urban environments, or suburban or rural settings.
- Discuss the relationship between biophilic strategies and student outcomes and overall occupant satisfaction.
- Describe ways that an educational facility can engage the surrounding community to support the development of a healthy and vibrant neighborhood.
- Identify design solutions that can minimize the transmission of airborne diseases within buildings and without an adverse effect on energy performance.
Sponsored CEU: How to Specify Seamless Acoustical Ceilings
New options provide architects improved acoustics without sacrificing aesthetics.
- Discuss the challenge for architects to strike a balance between aesthetics, cost, and acoustic performance for the wellbeing of the occupant.
- Recognize the evolution and current options for smooth surface ceilings that improve acoustic performance.
- Compare performance, cost, and installation methods of seamless acoustical ceilings to ensure a healthy environment for occupants.
- List common misperceptions associated with seamless acoustical ceiling products.
Seating is complimentary but limited.
Joann Gonchar, FAIA
Daniel Lee, AIA, LEED AP
Bohlin Cywinski Jackson
Elizabeth Stoel, AIA, LEED AP
Rogers Partners Architects + Urban Designers
Kerry Phillips, AIA, LEED AP BD+C
Gordon Ramsay - CSI, CDT, LEED AP
National Sales and Marketing Manager
Armstrong Ceiling and Wall Solutions – AcoustiBuilt®
4:45 PM – 5:15 PM
5:15 PM - 6:15 PM
6:15 PM - 7:30 PM
7:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Center for Architecture
1218 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107