Record Houses 2017
Submit your entry by February 15.
The editors of Architectural Record are currently inviting submissions for the 2017 Record Houses awards program. Winning projects will be selected by an editorial jury and published in the June 2017 issue of Architectural Record. Of particular interest are projects that incorporate innovation in program, building technology, materials, and form.
- Entry is open to any architect registered in the U.S. or abroad.
- Projects must be built within the last 24 months and inhabited.
- They may be new or renovated construction.
- Entries must be approved by client for publication and, if selected, be available for a visit by a writer.
- Projects previously published will be evaluated at the discretion of the jury.
Visit ArchitecturalRecord.com/RecordHouses to submit your project. Entries must be submitted as a single good quality PDF that includes text and images. Please provide the following:
- A succinct project description (no more than 500 words) that includes: architect or firm name; project name and location; client; completion date; program; brief; solution.
- At least 10 large size, good quality, professionally photographed images (one per page and 8x10 inches in size preferred), including comprehensive exteriors and furnished interiors of living and dining spaces and bedrooms.
- Plans, drawings, and elevations with scale and north arrow.
NOTE: A photo release form will be required for all winning projects.
All entries must be submitted by February 15, 2017.
- Visit ArchitecturalRecord.com/RecordHouses to create an account and log into our contest system.
- Please complete the Entry Questions and PDF Upload on the following pages.
- To save information you have entered so far, click the "Save and Next" button at the bottom of the page before exiting the form or moving on to the next page.
- Once you are ready to submit your form, click the "Add to Cart" button on the last page.
- Please take an extra moment to review your responses before submitting.
- After checkout, you will be able to review your entry but will not be able to edit it.
Entries must be accompanied by a credit card payment of $75 USD ($25 for each additional project), payable after the upload has been completed.
First, please thoroughly read the instructions at ArchitecturalRecord.com/RecordHouses. If you still have questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Record Houses” in the subject line.