The Handbook of Interior Design
The Handbook of Interior Design explores ways of thinking that inform the discipline of interior design. It challenges readers to consider the connections within theory, research, and practice and the critical underpinnings that have shaped interior design.
- Offers a theory of interior design by moving beyond a descriptive approach to the discipline to a 'why and how' study of interiors
- Provides a full overview of the most current Interior Design research and scholarly thought from around the world
- Explores examples of research designs and methodological approaches that are applicable to interior design upper division and graduate education courses
- Brings together an international team of contributors, including well established scholars alongside emerging voices in the field – reflecting mature and emergent ideas, research, and philosophies in the field
- Exemplifies where interior design sits in its maturation as a discipline and profession through inclusion of diverse authors, topics, and ideas