All architects registered in the United States or abroad, as well as interior designers working in collaboration with architects, are welcome to submit interiors-only projects—residential, commercial, institutional, and public—that have been completed in the last year. Special consideration will be paid to works that incorporate innovations in design, program, building technology, sustainability, and/or materials. Winning projects will be selected by an editorial jury and published in the September 2022 issue of Architectural Record.
All entries must be submitted by June 1, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Entry is open to any architect and/or interior designer registered in the U.S. or abroad.
- Projects must be built within the last 12 months.
- They may be new or renovated, – commercial, institutional, public or residential, – and domestic or international.
- Entries must be approved by client for publication and, if selected, be available for a visit by a writer (pending COVID-related stipulations.)
- Projects previously published as a feature in print or on the web in Architectural Record or other national and/or international English-language media will not be eligible. Other published but less-prominently featured projects will be evaluated at the discretion of the jury.
Entries must be submitted as a multi-page PDF (no larger than 10 MB total) that includes:
- A succinct project description (no more than 500 words) including architect or firm name, project name & location, program, completion date, brief, and solution.
- A comprehensive selection of at least 10 full-page, professionally photographed images. Identifying captions are helpful. In addition, all images should be arranged in the same direction, whether in portrait or landscape format.
- Plans, drawings, and elevations with scale and north arrow.
NOTE: A photo release form will be required for all winning projects.
Entries must be accompanied by a credit card payment for US$100 (then US$50 for each additional project), payable after the upload has been completed.
- Please complete the Entry Questions and PDF Upload on the link below.
- To save information you have entered so far, click the "Save and Next" button at the bottom of the page before exiting the form or moving on to the next page.
- Once you are ready to submit your form, click the "Add to Cart" button on the last page.
- Please take an extra moment to review your responses before submitting.
- After checkout, you will be able to review your entry but will not be able to edit it.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Record Interiors” in the subject line.