Credits: 1 AIA LU/HSW; 1 AIBD P-CE; 0.1 IACET CEU
May qualify for learning hours through most Canadian architectural associations
This webinar is part of the Durability Academy
The building enclosure is arguably the most important factor in a durable building. It encompasses the most critical function of a building: to separate the inside of the building from the outside. Therefore, it requires careful consideration from architects. This course provides needed context to explain how sophisticated building enclosures have evolved over time and delves deep into the best material selection for the functioning of the building. Considerations include rain and vapor strategies, acoustical performance, and fire and safety design.
- Describe emerging design strategies and trends for building enclosures.
- Explain material selection for long-term performance through the lifecycle of the building.
- Discuss informed decisions about rain and vapor control strategies for wall assemblies.
- Examine the emerging importance of the acoustical performance of building enclosures.
- Explain fire and safety design considerations for building enclosures.