On Earth Day 2019, the AIA’s Committee on the Environment (COTE) announced the winners of the COTE Top Ten Awards. The annual program, established in 1997, recognizes projects that integrate design excellence and sustainable performance.
- Amherst College Science Center in Amherst, Massachusetts, by Payette
- Asilong Christian High School in Asilong, West Pokot, Kenya, by BNIM
- Daniels Building at One Spadina Crescent at the University of Toronto, by NADAAA with Adamson Associates and ERA Architects
- Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Complex at Northeastern University in Boston, by Payette
- Lakeside Senior Apartments in Oakland, California, by David Baker Architects
- North Transfer Station in Seattle, by Mahlum Architects
- Oregon Zoo Education Center in Portland, by Opsis Architecture
- St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York, by Murphy Burnham & Buttrick Architects
- Tashjian Bee and Pollinator Discovery Center at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis, by MSR Design
Bohlin Cywinski Jackson's Frick Environmental Center in Pittsburgh received a Top Ten Plus award, which honors exemplary post-occupancy performance.
Winners will receive their awards in Las Vegas this June, at the annual AIA conference.